it is time to tell you the 'vitals' for our
May for Me Mystery Quilt n Stitch Along.
I purposely designed the quilt to be charm pack friendly. I like to do this for several reasons.
- Charm packs are relatively inexpensive, especially on sale.
- They are great for beginners.
- They are easy to duplicate from your stash.
The finished quilt will be a small wall hanging, approx. 30" wide by 43" tall.
There are a total of four stitchery designs and just a few quilt blocks.
You will need the following (I like to be generous with my fabric. You will have leftovers except for your charm pack):
- One charm pack (or 42 squares from your stash cut to 5" each. This is important, you will be using them as 5" squares.) This is a very SPRING-y design, so pick bright, fun, spring colors. ( I am using Buttercup by Robert Kaufman which only has 40 squares. I had to 'make' two more.)
- A few matching scraps to 'fill in' a couple of blocks. These will be very small areas.
- 1/3 yd of solid for your stitchery designs
- 1/2 yd for sashing
- 1 yd for border/binding
- backing, batting of your choice
- embroidery floss. I used Cottage Garden Poppy which was a wonderful spring rainbow color. Perfect! It comes in a 10 meter skein and I used almost all of it. If you are using 8 meter skeins you will need to buy two.
I will be releasing the first stitchery design the last week of April, then in May I will do two posts a week for the Mystery quilt. One post will be fabric/ piecing, the other will be a stitchery design. The last full week of May we will put the blocks together and finish. You will find this to be very easy and won't have any trouble at all getting your step done in a week. (This coming from someone with very little time on her hands!!)