to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, April 4, 2011

I love Air Mail

Don't you?
I just love it when a package comes and it has this sticker on it:

Today the package is from Annette over at Jindi's Cottage.
(Please go have a visit. Annette is new to blogging and Jindi is her dog who likes to blog too.)


Annette emailed me after reading a comment that I had posted in another blog.
I had heard so much about Cottage Garden Thread, 
and I was curious if it was more like Cosmo or DMC.
So, Annette just went out, bought me some, and mailed it for me to try!
Wasn't that the nicest thing to do?!

Here is a close up.
I just love how this is variegated!

As promised last week,
before my Creation Station renovate got in the way,
I am going to do several stitching hints this week. 
One will be to compare floss side by side for you. 

In the mean time, I am going to stitch up something with this floss
 because my fingers are itching to try it out!

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It looks luscious! Curious to see and hear how that works for you as I have been eyeing this too. Especially if it is colorfast - I have found Cosmo to bleed and wash out.

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

I always use DMC but would definitely give this a try -- it's beautiful! Can't wait to see what you stitch with it!
And how sweet of her to send you some!

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

Dang - it really is beautiful. I wish I could pet it... This should keep you out of trouble for a bit lol... I too use DMC and would like to try this too - something to think about adding to my inventory for my summer crafting!!

krisgray said...

That's really pretty. Can't wait to see your project.

Pat said...

Love her heart - what a lovely thing to do for you. I know you will enjoy those xx

Marcia said...

Beautiful embroidery floss! What a nice gift! I am sure you will love it. I have only ever used DMC floss.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Glad you like the thread Tonya. Thanks for the shout out (actually I am not new to blogging...been blogging since beg '09...just not always on blogger). Jindi & I are looking forward to welcoming some of your mates over for a cuppa...

QuiltSue said...

Bloggers really are the nicest people aren't they?

That thread looks wonderful so I'll look forward to seeing what you do with it.

PS< tell Jindi to get the kettle on in a couple of hours - I'll be over for a cuppa.

kuhurobe said...

I’ve been into blogging for quite some time and this is definitely a great post.Cheers!

generic paxil