to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Stephen's First Zoo Adventure

One day I just got tired of it. 

I told Mommy that it has been a very long time
since I got to go adventuring.
 I decided that we were going to go to the zoo.

I have read lots of books about animals
but I had to see for myself if they were real or not.
Ha! Just as I thought. 
Check out this "Polar Bear". 
He's about as real as Big Foot!

Oh, wait a minute...
that one is real.
Real scary!
I had to hold brother to keep him safe.


After seeing the bear,
I was really ready to see some more REAL animals.
Like a Gator!

Um...mom, I said real please!

Well, let's just say this was the great zoo of fake animals.
The real part of the zoo was closed cuz they were building something.
I did have tons of fun though.
It's not everyday a boy gets to sit on a gator or a toad.
The rock climbing wasn't bad either.

And the food?
I found the bestest thing EVER!!
Corn dogs!!!
(Especially the dipping into ketchup part)


I hope you don't mind if I tell you about 
another zoo adventure again someday.
Cuz I still need to investigate things like
Lions, Zebra's, Giraffes and Monkeys.
And I might just need to eat another corn dog!

16 comments:

Heather said...

We definately need to hit up the Omaha Zoo! I can't wait for that! :)

Mariliz said...

Tonya,

He is adorable!

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

OK, I'm lovin' the ketchup on his hand!!

Sara G said...

Such a cutie!!! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures Stephen!

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing said...

Ooooh my old body can't handle a corndog but dang that looks good. Awww cute pictures - will you go back once the construction is done?

Ann Nichols said...

What a lovely adventure Stephen had!! He is quite the adventurer! Love the picture of the two brothers together and... of course, Stephen and the corn dog!
Blessings!
Ann

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very cute photos - kids and a zoo - can't beat it. Hope Mom had a good day too.

Christine M said...

Sounds like you had a great day Stephen! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Madame Samm said...

He is sew darn cute...the zoo brings out the wild in all who go..with your wee one...brings out his soft side...ahhhhh

BubzRugz said...

Great to read about your adventure Stephen... looks like you are a grea help with your little brother... tell your mum I think the quilt she made for Savanna is AWESOME...
Hugz

Pat said...

What an intrepid adventurer you are, Stephen!
The rations look pretty good too!

QuiltSue said...

Sounds like you had a great time, but please Stephen, what is a corn dog? (sorry, I know I'm dim, that's cos I'm English.)

FabricFascination said...

What a sweet little boy you have. It looks like a fun day.

Sharon said...

Stephen, I love corn dogs dipped in ketchup too!! I'm sure your mommy will take you again to check out the other real live animals. Looks like you had a great time!!! :)

Angie said...

We love zoo adventures! Just the right adventure for all our ages-that's not easy to find!

Charlie and Wendy said...

Thank you for your lovely encouragement on Vignette in Stitches. Gorgeous zoo photos!!