to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sore thumbs

It's Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to show you pics tomorrow.
My thumb is sore from all the yarn ties;
all the more reason I'll appreciate that new machine someday.
I am excited to get this quilt into the mail
and off to it's new owner.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up next is a prison pooch quilt,
then a T-shirt/photo Memory quilt
that I am pushing a time limit on.
April 19th will be the 1 year anniversary date
of the person's death and I need to get it to a long-armer too;
so I may be a bit hit and miss and may be a bit 
slower to leave comments on your blogs.
But, after the memory quilt,
things will slow down a bit. 
(I hope!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A blog friend of mine mentioned a couple of weeks ago
that I need to take a break from sewing for others;
and take some time for me.
After she and I emailed back and forth,
we decided that we would have 
"MAY FOR ME"
and would like you to join with us.
A month of making what we want;
but also rejuvenation; etc.

Are any of you interested in joining along?
I will blog more about this as soon as I get 
these pressing quilts finished.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love that Idea - we quilters do not make enough ME time - and May is my birthday. A great excuse for Me time! - and you are pressed for time, so no need to reply.

Mr Mrs Crafty said...

I like that (Evielynne here)... Vrooman is so right... And Happy BDay too - early of course but loved... May for Me is born!

Jenn said...

Can't wait to see that quilt!
May for Me sounds fun. It sounds perfect. Is it just for the quilters?

Pat said...

Tonya - you give so much, I think you ought to have a whole Gap Year, just for you *hugs*

Heather said...

Sounds like a great idea!

Sarah Craig said...

More power to you! I can't do it - I'd feel way too guilty - so I'll keep fitting my projects in between the quilt ministry stuff. It's all good!!

Marcia said...

You said it perfectly! May for Me! Time for break! I will do a blog post now too and link to you! I posted this week about taking minutes for me. Let's get started....