to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Savanna...future Vet


For the young animal lover...

(Please click on photo to enlarge)

Savanna is 13 years old.
She has cancer and is currently undergoing treatment.
Savanna loves animals and hopes to be a veterinarian someday.
The Max and Whiskers line of fabric is perfect for her!

My daughter helped me design the animals
to hand stitch around the outer edge;
then I chose a fun font to stitch her name in.

If you look very closely you can see white dots;
that is where it is hand tied...
each a prayer lifted for Savanna.

18 comments:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Tonya, this is GORGEOUS. Sister, you are a blessing wherever you are. Saying a prayer for Savanna right this minute.
Blessings to you!

Wanda said...

You did a great job. It turned out super! I know the young girl that gets this will love it.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Mariliz said...

It's gorgeous! I love how each tie is sealed with a prayer. I will keep Savanna in my prayers as well.

Lynda said...

Savanna's quilt turned out wonderful! I know she will love it.

beth said...

Ooooh! She's going to LOVE it!

Sara G said...

What a wonderful quilt, my friend! made with lots of love for Savanna. Thank you for sharing with us. God bless you!

Marcia said...

Very very nice! It turned out great! Savanna will love it. We will keep Savanna in our thoughts and prayers.

Angie said...

Beautiful! I know she'll love it for a long time.
Praying right now for this precious girl!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very nicely done for all the stressing you did. I like this setting and the prayer ties are a lovely thought.

Pat said...

What a blessing it will be and what a blessing you are!
Saying a prayer for Savanna right now xx

QuiltSue said...

It's absolutely great. She will love it. I love the seetting you chose in the end.

Junibears said...

This is so beautiful. Wonderful work and she will really appreciate it.
Thank you for your loving comments, Bless you.
Hugs xx

Heather said...

Great job as always, Sis!

krisgray said...

What a sweet quilt! It will certainly lift her spirits and bring a big smile to her face.

Melissa said...

It is perfect, Tonya! Just perfect!

Madame Samm said...

ahhh prayers go out to her too...lovely honey..

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

It's beautiful -- I love the hand stitched animals! You have such a big heart ♥

Belinda said...

That's really a wonderful quilt. I'm jealous. I've been thinking about doing something like this for the NICU that took care of my grandson for a couple of days. Children's Hospital probably has a lot of folks doing that sort of thing, but not St. Vincent. I'm still in the thinking stage though.