Thursday, March 24, 2011

Just a little over a month til...

May for Me!

Last week I alluded to some fun that we have coming up in May.
Marcia, of Marcia's Crafty Sewing and Quilting, had the great idea to have a month of sewing just for me...
because she knows that I have a list a mile long of things that I wanted to make..but never get to do because of sewing for others. (Don't we all have one of those lists?)We emailed back a forth and decided that we'd make a blog event of it..and invite you to join along!

I plan to make some items just for me out of this book:

(Like the sewing tote bag on the front, 
as well as several projects inside.)

I also want to make some Peanuts embroidery squares for my Peanuts quilt.

As well as planned projects, I am already working on some great posts for May!
I have a May for Me page up top. 
It is ready and waiting for the names of those of you that would like to join along.
You don't have to be a quilter. You don't even have to be Crafty.
You just have to be ready to have a great month!
Will you join us?

Here is a button you can add to your blog. 
Just save it as a photo, then when it asks for a link,
link it back to my May for Me page:






7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the idea - need a little break and there are a lot of ME things I could think of doing - and May is my birthday!

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Yup, I'd like to join in too!! Thanks for the invite, Jane xx

John'aLee said...

What a great idea! I so wish I wasn't on the road like I am...or I'd join in.
I'll try to keep up with you ladies progress!

Ann Nichols said...

Oh...it sounds like you are going to have lots of fun!
Blessings!
Ann

Pat said...

Does sound like great fun. I love that book you're going to quilt from. will be watching with interest what you make from it :) xx

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing said...

you know I'm in.... Can't wait...

Melissa said...

I would love to join and I think it is a GREAT idea. But I don't know that I will be doing much sewing at all in May as I think that is when we are going to be moving.