to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, March 21, 2011

Bring it On!!

Sunday was the first day of Spring;
and I didn't even realize it!
I did, however, take advantage of the almost 80 degree weather!
I loaded up the boys and headed to the local nature park.
We hiked around a lake--
I can't tell you how good that felt to hike again.
I had to carry Stephen on my shoulders
part of the way but it was so worth it! 

After hiking the lake,
 I introduced Stephen to just how cool of a mom I am.

Before our play in the water was over,
him, Seth, and I had all fallen at least once.
We were covered in algae and mud.
Our shoes were soaked.
But it was fun!

I am a bit jealous of my grand-dog. 
She got to go geocaching.
So kind of her to send me a photo and flaunt it.
I will go again someday. 
I will. I will. I will.
(hear my foot stamping?)

Besides hiking and playing in streams,
there is another reason that I really love Spring.

I just love those dark, ominous clouds 
that are ready to burst forth in thunder and rain!
(Isn't that the coolest photo, courtesy of public domain)

It's supposed to storm tomorrow.
Bring it on! I can't wait!
(Photo also from public domain.)



12 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Keep those precious times - they are young only so long. And the storms like that you can keep - ahhhhgghhhh hate lightening.

Christine M said...

That is a great photo of the approaching storm.

Angie said...

What nature park were you all at?
LOVE when we can all be outside in the 80 degrees. Does something for my soul!
Not so much a fan of the storms, but I am learning to appreciate them.

Patty@Granma's said...

We once stood in our family room and watched a fabulous storm through our patio doors. Fantastic Fireworks!Turned out it was a tornado, which took out every window on two sides of our house and destroyed all our carpets, piled hail two feet deep against the house and flooded our basement. But I would do it again - I've not been afraid of stormy weather since.

Charlie and Wendy said...

Wow!! I love your blog! You have amazeing pictures and colours! Especially love the lightning one!

QuiltSue said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Big hugs

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

And he continues to be a sweetheart, mud and all! I'll bet your guys had a great time! I don't know about the storm photos -- they are fantastic pics but storms (especially with lightning) scare me silly! As a child, I would hide under the covers with my fingers in my ears!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I just wanted to pop in and thank you for the lovely comment on Stash Manicure.

Looks like you celebrated the first day of spring in the best way...jumping in puddles :o)

Heather said...

I envision lots of outings this year. Maybe we can go visit the Martha Lafette Bird Sanctuary in Liberty together? And I love the storms too...

Marcia said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! It is great to have fun days with your boys!

I wish it was warm here. Cold rain, sleet and even hail today! Lots of flooding... everywhere. We live in one of the highest points in Crawford county (southwestern Wisconsin) and there is water standing all over in the yard with still snow piles next to it. We even got a little water in the basement,

Send us some warm weather!

Lynda said...

Sounds like a great day! My youngest daughter and I used to sit out on the front porch, wrapped in a quilt, watching the lightning and listening to the thunder. Good memories.