to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cats for Missy

Sometimes when I make a prayer ministry quilt,
I am free to tell you a nice story to go along with it.
Or I can tell you more about the person,
as some of you pray along with me.
But, sometimes, the situation is a bit more delicate.
And all that I am able to tell you is that the person needs prayer.

Missy needs prayer.
She needs prayer for physical, spiritual and emotional needs.
Knowing that Missy loves cats, 
I chose several fun cat prints,
and then added some of my own hand dyed fabrics.

I tried a pattern that I've been wanting to try for awhile.
I love using my hand dyes, 
it sure made for a bright a colorful quilt!

Perfect for brightening Missy's day!
I will offer a quick tutorial on how to sew this block on Friday.

6 comments:

Sara G said...

A nice and colorful quilt! I love cats too and so thankful for the two I have. We got "Misty" after my stroke. Her and I have bonded where most of the time she is always near. Our other cat thinks he is a dog. Thank you for sharing your quilt and about Missy.

Lynda said...

Prayer quilts are such a nice idea and I'm sure very comforting to the person receiving them. This one is bright and cheerful and I know will be appreciated. Missy will be in my prayers also.

Heather said...

Beautiful quilt! I'm sure Missy will love it.

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

What a nice idea. This quilt is so bright and cheerful it's sure to make her happy.
Kim

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing said...

I think this is great. I love cats but only have one - my JuneBug (sorry he is a he with a girl name - don't ask). Prayer quilts are awesome idea and you hit it on the mark with this one and such comfort....

Pat said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tonya!
Prayers for Missy xx