to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Friday, January 21, 2011

My Birthday Request

This morning as I was reading through my blogroll,
I came across a post at Cobblestone Quilting
that just wrenched my heart.
She had sent out a request to pray for Joanne.



I spent the next half hour reading all about Joanne.
On Jan 11, Joanne had a stroke.
She's only 38 years old and was found in the basement
by her 12 year old daughter.
She has two daughters whom she was homeschooling.

She has been in a drug induced coma ever since.
This was completely necessary due to brain swelling.
They have yet to find out the extent of her brain damage,
but she is starting to come out of it today.
She coughed. A good sign.

Her girls have been placed in a private school.
Her husband has a hard time leaving her side 
to go home and be Daddy.

Do remember what happened at our house in October?
Jerry had a stroke.
This could have been us.
My mind just keeps churning with the 'what if it was'?
I would have to go to work. 
How could I do that when I can't even flip a light switch 
anymore with my messed up arm/shoulder?
Seth would probably have to move to his dad's 
more permanently and go to school there.
What about our baby boy?
We just couldn't put him in day care.
I couldn't!! What then?

I am feeling so blessed that God spared us;
but my heart really goes out to this family.
Please, today is my birthday~~
For my birthday, could you promise 
to lift this family up in prayer?
There is a button on my sidebar to her blog.
Her husband blogs daily progress.
You can always click on the button to read updates.

Thank you so much.

10 comments:

B-Z-Quilting said...

Thanks for sharing Joanne's story. Praying for a miracle.

Angie said...

Praying to the God that is Jehovah Jirah.

He can do all things!

Sara G said...

I ran across your post on Joanne's blog. They have been on my mind the last week and many prayers. I want to wish you a happy birthday and yes Joanne and her family will remain in my prayers.
The other reason I am writing is I am a stroke survivor 14 months ago, Nov. 25, 2009. While I lost the use of my right side arm/leg, walking, balance and all use of hand, God guarded my mind and heart during that time. I still have a ways to go but this second chance and whole experience is only through God, His blessings, strength, power and promises! Thank you for passing on Joanne's story and sharing yours.

teresamnj said...

How devastating. Of course I'll pray for Joanne and her family that all comes out well. What a selfless birthday wish request. Happy Birthday to you, with hopes for a blessed year ahead.

Judi said...

Oh I'll pray for Joanne with ribbons on as a gift to you.

Melissa said...

Give tangible meaning to the phrase, "there but for the Grace of God go I".

Tanzie said...

I will certainly pray for her and her dear family. Fortunately, the economy has not affected God's grace and love. He still gives it in abundance...and it still costs nothing! Thank you for your kind and gently spirit!

QuiltSue said...

A story like Joanne's and yours both really make you think don't they?

I hope your birthday was good?

Junibears said...

I'm sorry I didn't know it was your birthday yesterday dear Tonya. Greetings and blessings from me to you.
Yes I shall pray for Joanne and her family.
There but for the grace of God.....
Hugs June xx

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Praying for Joanne and put her button on my blog. God is able.