Monday, January 17, 2011

A ME day!

I LOVE this car!

It is my blood, sweat and tears car.
My daughter and I worked hard at paying for it
when I was a single mom and she was a teenager.

I gave it to her a couple of years ago,
but we have always traded it back and forth.

Well, the time had come for Amy to sell it.
She really needed the money,
(as she was jobless)
so we had to let it go. 

Guess what happened the day after we sold the car?
Amy got a job.
A really really good paying job.
Like she'll be bringing home more than we live on right now.
She will be working at this world wide known,
but Kansas City based company:
She will now be able to support herself,
go to school for free,
and already have her foot in the door to be a Hallmark photographer.


Since the car was hers and mine,
and since she will be getting decent pay,
Amy bought me a new iron, YAY!
( I love this iron. Good steam.
Nice and Heavy.
Light weight isn't always better,
especially in an iron!!)


But, even better...
Yesterday Amy treated me to a MOM's day out.
I got my hair colored, highlighted, and cut.
(Never had my hair colored before.)
Got my eyebrows waxed.
(A new one for me too!)

Got a new wardrobe...
1 shirt, 1 sweater, 1 jacket, 1 pair of jeans,
1 pair of boots, 2 new under garments.


It sure was wonderful!
I've been kind of down on myself since I was pregnant.
When you are over 40 and get pregnant,
and gain a ton of weight because of gestational diabetes,
and have trouble keeping weight off anyway;
and have a C-Section which causes extra saggy tummy;
and lose an almost front tooth....
well...that just doesn't make a person feel good about themselves,
you know?
(Um, NO, this isn't really me.)

I'm lookin' good now!
I'll be lookin even betterer (hey, this is a word if I want it to be!) soon.
Our YMCA has an income-based program.
Nursery included!
YIPPEE!
(only, sadly, our Y doesn't have a pool. oh well.)


10 comments:

debi said...

What a wonderful turn of events for you and your family! God Bless!!! (what a sweet daughter you have)

Melissa said...

Good for Amy! And good for you, too! You've raised a really great daughter. You should know that makes you beautiful no matter what! (But I know a little pampering is a good thing - wink!)

The Tulip Patch said...

Congrats to Amy. Glad you had a fun day, but I do not appreciate you posting a pic of me after I had my twins! ;)

Pat said...

So glad you had a wonderful YOU day. You really deserved that pampering for all you do for others - human and canine. I'm proud to call you a friend - Amy must be more proud to call you mom. And Congrats to Amy, too xx

NorthernStar said...

I'm so happy for you and Amy. You deserve a bit of a treat. New hair, new colour, new eyebrows, new clothes? It's enough to make anyone feel a million dollars. Throw in a new iron and I bet you're in heaven!

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

What a perfectly wonderful turn of events! You definitely have an angel sitting on your shoulder! (and oh, I surely hope somebody helps out that poor woman with the, um, tummy!)

Heather said...

YAY for Amy! I know she's been wanting an awesome job like that for such a long time! :) And it was so nice of her to treat you to a little 'me time'.

Angie said...

That is awesome!
So happy you got a ME day!

Ann Nichols said...

Oh... I am just so happy to read all this!! Congratulations to your lovely daughter on getting her new job!! And how wonderful for you to be able to have such a perfect day... this is the day of memories... I just couldn't be happier for you! May God continue to bless and bless that lovely daughter of yours! She gave up the car you both loved...but look what was put into her path - the ability to soon be able to buy a brand new car!
Psalm 121:1 - Amen!!!
Ann

Marcia said...

Fantastic!!!