to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fizzled.

Deadlines just don't work for me anymore.

NOT at All!!

I really really wanted to enter

PROJECT QUILTING~Season 2

The challenge this week was fairly easy. I have it all planned; partially cut out; and partially sewn.

But, then yesterday the iron fizzled. It burnt up or something. I won't be able to buy another until Friday and the project is due Saturday.

I am thinking everything that I touch breaks anymore. The sewing machines, the iron...

Well, at least I am getting better on my embroidery stitches.

I don't think I shall enter the challenge again. Something will probably come up and I'll get frustrated again.

But, anyone is welcome to vote on the projects. I can't wait for that...usually there are some great ones!!

7 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Don't you just hate it when that happens? Isn't it funny how several pieces of technology/machinery all choose the same time to go wron? For me, it's my printer and the cooker hob this week.

Heather said...

Oh no! Sorry about your iron. :( It's very frustrating when things don't go the way we want them!

B-Z-Quilting said...

That's always the way it seems to go. Hang in there ....

Angie said...

At least you haven't broken the baby -YET!?!?! :)

Barb said...

Don't give up....

Pat said...

I swear they build stuff to break down after a certain period, nowadays. I just replaced a 30 year old music system. I doubt I'll see anything last that long again!

debi said...

Have been missing you! Sorry to hear things have been rough for a little while, but thanks for the stitchery pattern sites. I think we go through stages of being with our machine, or quiet time with just a needle. Hang in there and God bless your day! Debi