to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Quilt Ministry -- Part 4 -- Memory Quilts

My final phase of quilt ministry that I would like to do are Memory Quilts.
(No photos today, but have a look around the links you'll find some.)

The first memory quilt that I made
was for my husband when he suddenly lost his children.
You can read more about his story RIGHT HERE.
I've made many memory quilts over the last couple of years.
A couple of the most memorable are one that I did 
for a family of a little girl who died of SIDS.

And of course, Logan's quilt. 
Read about it up top under favorite posts. 

I think it would be a wonderful ministry
to make Memory Quilts for people 
that have lost a child. 
Or a child that lost a parent.
Don't you?

These quilts would really have to have some
God Intervention
because I couldn't fund them on my own...
and I certainly wouldn't want the parent funding them!!
Memory Quilts are some of the most expensive quilts that I make...
but I am sure the need will be filled when the time comes. 

I think these will be the most heart-wrenching,
but heart warming quilts for me.

Please let me know if you know of someone
that would be a good recipient of one of these quilts.

If you are interested in sponsoring one,
I, of course, would NOT make a profit.
The cost would depend completely on size, 
number of photos, and if it would also be 
a T-Shirt quilt. 
I've had them run from $60-$120 in just cost before.

As I typed those dollar signs just now,
 I had to remind myself...
NOTHING is Impossible with God!


4 comments:

Pat said...

You're quite right, Tonya - nothing is impossible for God . *hugs* to you for wanting to help xx

Melissa said...

Great idea. I did one for my MIL when my FIL passed and one for my grandfather after he had a massive stroke and would forget his family when they weren't around. Memory quilts are wonderful.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh I want to go see it...I've made them too...they are wonderful!!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--this happened in my family too...this story is so sad..and the quilt to commemorate them is amazing...The quilt is priceless...
XO