to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Hot Pig Dance

Now it been some time since I be given' you 
one of my Hillbilly Handi hints! 
So, here be a good one:

Know don't be askin me for 
tips 1-36. 
Cousin Billy Bob forgot what they be.

It is cold round here tonight,
so I think I'm a gonna go fix
me one of them there cups of hot cocoa.

I am one of these people that just
can't stand it when I gets me a cup o chocolate
that be hotter than a hog
wearin a pair o' them daisy dukes

while doin a dance on one o' them there
roasting sticks!


Now thet be too hot!
So, you uns know what I do?
Why I jest freeze my mini marshmallows.
Then I fill my cup with em and pour my cocoa
right over em.
Them little frozen marshmallows just melt up 
and cool down thet cocoa so it be edible!

We specially be likin to make our very own cocoa mix.
Here be granny's recipe a bit cleaned up fer ya.
She had things like tonic, and all kinds of stuff
that I know you classy folks wouldn't want.

HOT COCOA
1 1/2 cup cocoa powder
3 cup powdered sugar (I substitute Splenda)
5 cup powdered milk
1 cup powdered creamer (My favorite is French Vanilla Flavored)

Combine all ingredients. 
1/3 cup mix to 3/4 cup water

We also like to add in 2 tsp cinn or a bit of mint.

7 comments:

QuiltSue said...

What a brilliant idea to freeze marshmallows. I'm going to have to try that, thanks.

Sharon said...

That's a great idea to freeze the mini marshmallows! Thanks for the tip!

krisgray said...

LOL! Thanks for the recipe. Never thought to make my own mix.

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

That's a good idea to freeze the marshmallows, will have to give that a try!
Kim

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I gotta admit that your recipe is far more tempting than the one I posted on my blog today. Question: Do you use 3 cups of Splenda?

Together We Save said...

Oh my... very funny!!

Kiky Febrianty said...

Thank you, very helpful for beginners like me who craves insight
and hopefully very useful for other visitors.
Hopefully that will come a time when I can visit again.
The cyber world is helping me to learn to be better.
Okay once again I would like to say thank you

Nama Versi Android
Info Android Terbaru
Versi Android Terbaru
Sejarah Nama Tiap Versi Android
Nama Semua Versi Android Terbaru 2014
Daftar Lengkap Nama Semua Versi Android

Smartphone Android Nokia Normandy
Android Nokia Normandy Tetap Warna Warni
Nokia Batalkan Rencana Produksi Smartphone Android
Beredar Isu Nokia Gagal Produksi Smartphone Android
Microsoft Belum Punya Hak Melarang Produksi Nokia Android

Mobil Murah Sangat Di Minati Orang Indonesia
Orang Indonesia Menunggu Peluncuran Mobil Murah
Merek Terkenal Yang Memproduksi Mobil Murah Di Indonesia
Kepastian Mobil Murah Berlanjut di Indonesia Bagian Timur
Peluncuran Mobil Murah Di Indonesia Penuh Dengan Pro Kontra