to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The first 3!

Last week while I was away from BlogLand,
You all did a great job of keeping me cheered anyway!

It seems like everyday the mailman brought something fun!

Here are my first three Christmas cards.
All are from bloggy friends.
Hubby hung them on the wall for me.
Usually I like to make a smelly good garland,
and hang them from it...but that didn't happen this year.

The first to come was the gold one.
Visit Sweet June to see her wonderful photo collages.
On any given day, June will make something sweet,
then something funny, and then something stunning!
I love to see what she comes up with.

The next card to arrive was the one on the bottom.
I am actually going to get a frame for that one.
It is hand painted by my dear friend, Pat.
Visit her blog to follow her adventures in watercolour.
She specializes in dogs...but does a variety.
It is very enjoyable to watch the process 
she does for each painting.

Finally, the third card came from my sister.
I know, she's not really a bloggy friend.
But, actually she is. 
Our family is not a close family,
and it is because of blogs and facebook 
that we have found one another.
Heather's card arrived with an ornament.
I'll show you that another day.
 Heather is hosting an Un-plugged challenge
encouraging no computer, tv, etc.
one day a week.
I look forward to that. 
It's nice to unplug once in a while!!

Well, I guess I need to get to work on some ornaments
and Christmas cards.
I need to get mine in the mail soon!!

6 comments:

Pat said...

Glad the card arrived safely and cheered you up when you were poorly! Hope you're all better now xx

Heather said...

Glad you got the card & liked the ornament!

Lynda said...

Glad you are feeling better now. The cards are beautiful. Just looked back a few posts and noticed the song by Mark Lowry...it is also my favorite version.

Bren said...

So glad you are feeling better!!!!

Judi said...

Oh I'm so glad you are feeling better.

QuiltSue said...

They are lovely cards, and just what was needed to make you feel better.