to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas in the Hills

Now it sure has been forever long
 since I brought you uns some good Hillbilly stories.

I actually had a request for some real live Hillbilly wordn's 
like I used ta do. I surely do apologize for gettin
all proud n everythin an forgettin my Hillbilly her-i-tage!

We folks here sure be lookin forward to Christmas!
We even got a sleigh all ready for Santy Claus this year.
An' course we been readin to the young uns



Why even the men folk are gettin gussied up:
We hill folks be lovin music. 
You all be knowin that.
Here's a mighty fine song for ya.


4 comments:

Sharon said...

I LOVE it!!!! My daughter used to play in a bluegrass band and now plays banjo in a Gospel group. My uncle used to tease me and say, "Yes, you are a hillbilly! You lived way back in those hills!" LOL

teresamnj said...

So cute! Thanks for making me smile today. :)

Heather said...

Great post! :)

krisgray said...

Ha - love it - haven't "heard" anyone say you-uns since my Grandma Gray passes away.