to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Friday, November 5, 2010

My Quilting Story--Part 4

So many of you left sweet comments about
and All parts of My Quilting story.
If you haven't read About my first Photo Quilt,
please take a moment to do so.

Thanks for all the nice comments and hugs and blessings.
I have really found a wonderful group of supportive,
caring friends in blogland!

After finishing my brothers quilt,
I decided to try my hand at regular piecing. 
Some of my favorite patterns were (are!)
 designs by M'Liss Rae Hawley

I made the following two quilts from her 
first Fat Quarter book:


I love them both so much.
They hang in my Creation Station for now.

I then went through a stage of loving wild, African prints.
I sold a beautiful, wild log cabin quilt at farmers market;
I sure wish I had photos of it.
(hmmm...I might just need to make another soon)
And here is an Egyptian quilt  
that I just mailed off to 

When I met Jerry, 
I knew that my first quilt for him had to be a photo quilt.
You can read about that RIGHT HERE

I opened a store on Etsy a couple of years ago.
I was all prepared to settle in and sew sew sew for people.
God had other plans, as I found out I was expecting about a month later.
(SHOCK!!!!)
I spent a good deal of my pregnancy in bed,
but I was able to fill a few photo quilt orders.
Here are a few favorites:
This little girl was a Preemie. 
I got the photos of the net and her mom was very surprised!!

A HUGE Diamond anniversary quilt.
All the photos were black and white. 
Absolutely georgous!




An army quilt for a friend who was in the REAL
Black Hawk Down operation.

I have so many more that I could show you,
each with a story of their own!

4 comments:

Pat said...

You've created some amazing work, Tonya! xx

basketsbyrose said...

Love all of them!

B-Z-Quilting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B-Z-Quilting said...

Wonderful! Don't you just love that every quilt has its own story!!!