to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 4, 2010

2, 4, 6, 8!!

Last week's Words of Me project was
APPRECIATION.

At first as I thought on it, 
all I could think of was,
"2, 4, 6 ,8...who do we appreciate?"
And I wasn't even a cheerleader in high school!!

Then, I started thinking about whom I need to show appreciation to.
First and foremost, of course,
I need to show it to my Savior and Father.
I need to be better about giving Him more of my time each day!!


Next is my husband.
I KNOW I don't show him enough appreciation.
The man works two jobs,
and when he gets home what do I do?
Whine about my day, or my broken machine,
or my sore shoulder, or what I didn't get done.
Ok, you are all my witnesses and have to hold me accountable...
From this day forward, I need to show WAY more appreciation to him,
and WAY less whiney hiney!!

Finally, I thought about other people in my life.
So, I made some appreciation cards.

It sure was fun while making them to sit and reflect 
about who I should send them to.

Matching envelopes:

And, of course,
a matching ATC card for me.
I made one for Amy as well.

I thought the word this week was APPRECIATE
instead of APPRECIATION
but, this time, closeness counts!

I even took a photo of the backs of the ATC's 
before journaling!







7 comments:

Pat said...

Lovely post!
Reminds me of counting blessings - of which your friendship is one xx

Tonya said...

What a wonderful idea! I think that is something we all need to be conscious of from time to time!

Judi said...

OK so try saying one nice thing to your husband when he gets home everyday.

Jan said...

A great entry ,certainly something to think about and act upon ...love Jan xx

Ann Nichols said...

You are sooo right about appreciation! Great post (I will try to make my husband feel more appreciated today too!) :)
I am so happy to hear that you and Seth are enjoying reading through St. Nicholas and Christmas! It really makes all this work (something I have loved doing) even better and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that you are reading it. Yes, tell Seth that St. Nicholas lived in what was known as Anatolia or Asia Minor (Just Asia to the Romans) and was a Greek land (Another tidbit for Seth: The land known as "Ionia" in Asia Minor - along the coast and to the north of Lycia - was actually the motherland of ancient Greece!).
Have a great day and happy reading!
Ann

QuiltSue said...

You are so right, we should all stop and think about the appreciating people more. I love the cards you made too.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

how lovely that you actually made cards to show your appreciation! i've been around your blog and enjoyed reading your posts. God bless you!