to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Friday, October 15, 2010

You might be a Hillbilly If...

 To my friends--in the states and abroad--I received an email the other day that I felt just had to be passed on via my blog. It is addressed to Americans, as I am fairly sure that "Hillbillies" are just an American type culture. 
But, you can appreciate the values no matter where you live....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You might be a Hillbilly if: It never occurred to you to 
be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God..' 


You might be a Hillbilly if: You've never protested about seeing 
the 10 Commandments posted in public places. 


You might be a Hillbilly if: You still say ' Christmas' 
instead of 'Winter Festival.' 

You might be a Hillbilly if: You bow your head when 
someone prays. 

You might be a Hillbilly if: You stand and place your 
hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem


You might be a Hillbilly if: You treat our armed forces 
veterans with great respect, and always have. 


You might be a Hillbilly if: You've never burned an 
American flag, nor intend to. 

You might be a Hillbilly if: You know what you believe 
and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening. 

You might be a Hillbilly if: You respect your elders and 
raised your kids to do the same. 

You might be a Hillbilly if: You'd give your last dollar to
a friend. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that 
values home, family, country and God. 
If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life,
 I'd choose a half dozen or so hillbillies to back me up. 
Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what hillbillies are made of. 
 I am proud to be one!

7 comments:

teresamnj said...

I guess I'm definitely a hillbilly then, and proud of it!

Heather said...

I must be a hillbilly! And very proud to be an American & spouse to an active duty war veteran! :)

Pat said...

I think I'd fail on the guns - but the warm humanity - then I'm one too in my heart. And I love Christmas!

Rana said...

God Bless the Hillbillies, and count me in!

Lynda said...

I'm a hillbilly too!

Quiltaholic said...

pish! and I thought I was only HALF Hillbilly LOL! *HUGS*

Junibears said...

I guess I'm an English Hillbilly!
Hugs xx