Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A scratched up Order

Last week my life was 
C R A Z Y

I know that you have all had weeks like that,
so I'll spare the details.

Last week's Words of Me challenge word was
ORDER.

I wasn't feeling it until Sunday
when a particular passage jumped out at me 
when I was supposed to be listening in Sunday School.
Well, I was listening...but I did chase a little rabbit in my head.
(Sorry Gary!!)

6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:6-7

I don't need to worry about how crazy life is getting around me...all I need to do is trust!

When I sat down Sunday night to do my ATC
(which really isn't an ATC at all as I am keeping my Words of Me ATC's for me!)
I decided that I wanted to just return to my childhood 
and make a fun project. 
Not fancy, just simple and fun.

I had step by step photos, but OF COURSE,
the memory stick decided to blitz, 
so I could only take a finish photo. 

Remember when you did those scratch drawings as a kid?
I colored the whole card all over with all different colored pencils.
The fun, crazy way that I colored it was to represent how crazy life was last week.
 (Photo really needed here!)

Then, I colored over the whole card with a black crayon.
And scratched the word TRUST big across the middle.
Then I added the word ORDER (because, after all, this was the word this week)
and I scratched Phil 4:6-7.

I fancied it up with some ribbon that to me looked like little worlds spinning around.
 At least to me it is to represent that.

(Yes it is simplistic...Kindergarten simplistic...but it was fun to just scribble for once)

And on the back I wrote a bit of a journal entry,
ponders about the word "Order".
(Not pics...it's just for me)

I am not a journaling type person,
but I think I can handle this once a week. 

5 comments:

Pat said...

Sometimes its great to play with things - and they can mean the most!

scrapwordsmom said...

First of all...Thank you for your comment!! We haven't "met" yet!!:) I had no idea you read my blog. Very nice to "meet" you. And the fact you are doing ATC's...I LOVE that!!! And I LOVE what you did with order!!! I always would have so much fun doing that type of art in school!!:)

I see you are from Cameron. I live in Maryville!!

Love your background, too. And header. I use Plumrose Lane for my stuff, too.

Have a wonderful day!!

Leslie

She Uses Her Words said...

What a super idea! I could probably handle that kind of journaling once a week. I've been wanting to make more ATCs to keep for myself. Yours is precious and sometimes it's just nice to color outside the lines.
Take Care, Karen

Dawn said...

I didn't think about ATC's for Leslie's challenges ~ great idea! I do journal...& teach journaling...but using other media for expression as well really taps into more creativity. So glad you shared:)

Deanna said...

thanks for the reminder from scripture. Just what I needed this morning. (Visiting, and beig inspired, from Stash Manicure).