Friday, October 29, 2010

My Quilting Story--Part 1

Christmas 2002 
was probably one of the best Christmases ever, as far as gifts go anyway.

Look what came in the mail:
For Seth was this cool Spiderman quilt.
This is the front and back. 
I wish I could show you more of the back;
 it hangs on the wall,  
and I tried ssssooooo hard to lift it higher, 
but my bummed up shoulder wouldn't allow it.
And since I took the picture, in the dark, with the flash going off and still didn't wake Seth--
he was no help at all!

It was labelled, "Where's the Spider?-Man!"
On the back side (well actually that's the front but Seth likes Spidey showing on his wall),
there is a small metal spider sewn onto the quilt. 
Hence the name...WAY COOL, huh?!!

This bright green spotted quilt came for Amy.
Its title--"Smiles Always"

For me was a very heavy thick warm rag quilt called,
"Yotz of Pets"
(at the time, my last name was Yotz and we had several dogs,
several horses, probably a few hermit crabs,
some pet goats, and who knows what else at the time.

This is well worn, as our late Big and Fuzzy Dawg claimed it as his. 
We even had to take it to Texas when we traveled.
(Sheesh, there I go again, tearing up, missing that big goofball. 
And all the other little goofballs we've had over the years)


When all these wonderful quilts came in the mail...
I was hooked. 
They were among the first that the quilter made,
sadly, they were among the last as well. 

I will tell more about that tomorrow...

4 comments:

basketsbyrose said...

Both are great quilts!

QuiltSue said...

What lovely quilts. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the sttory.

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

Awww how cute... Your son is so lucky to have you! There was no crafty women in my childhood and just getting to know it myself and I love and cherish this form of art. You Rock!!

Evielynne

SewCalGal said...

Absolutely spectacular Spiderman quilt. This would make for great greeting cards, posters and more....but I know there is a special story behind it, which makes my heart swell with emotions.

Hugs, big hugs.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com