to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 24, 2010

My first ATC

A week ago, before some crazy life stuff happened, I started following another blog. 
Well, actually, that is NOTHING out of the ordinary for me. 
I follow.
I purge.
I follow.
I purge.
Do any of you do that, or am I completely alone on this spin cycle through blogland??





In all my crazy blog wanderings, I stumbled upon this neat blog called, 

What is the Words of Me Project?
Well, at the beginning of each week we are given one word to ponder for that week. 
I am not going to tell you what this weeks word is. 
I am not ready to blog about it. 
I'll tell you in a day or two. 

So...let's rewind a week.
Last week's word was 
BLISS
I thought about that word all week. 
I tried to think about the many times in my life that I felt total Bliss.
The first time in my husbands arms,
The first time holding my son in my arms.
A piece of fudge made for me by a thoughtful young man last Christmas
(after a very long sugar free pregnancy!)


But, really, don't these blissful moments on earth only seem to last a moment?
So, I got to thinking about long-lasting Bliss.
And I started looking up Bible verses. 
Psalm 126:3 seemed to be the one that stood out this time.
So, I looked it up in all versions.
This is from the NLT and states it quite Blissfully I think:

Yes, the Lord has done amazing things for us! What Joy!

The verse inspired me to create my very first ATC.
It isn't much, but it was fun!

2 comments:

Pat said...

My word, Tonya! Such beautiful work in such a tiny package. The patchwork behind the words reminds me of a hilly landscape!

Heather said...

That is so neat! This is another thing I need to do! LOL