to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, October 4, 2010

Blogger fees

Do you use a lot of photos on your blog?

Did you know that someday blogger will up and stop allowing it, then charge you?

I actually did...and that is why I delete old posts, and why I intend to turn all of Stephens blogs into a book after his birthday so I can delete his posts. He uses a lot of photo storage!!

I also plan to make my tutorials into a book this spring and then I can delete those.

BUT...if you don't plan to make books, then you might just have to pay google to store more photos.

I read a great post today about a lady that had to do just that.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE POST

She does a great job of explaining how and why, but it's short and sweet.

5 comments:

Jessica @BeforeTheDawn said...

There's other free photo storage places. But you'd have to upload the photos and then grab the URL to post in your blog, it's not hard to do. I believe Flickr.com makes it easy to post to Blogger. I also use photobucket.com. Both are free for a certain amount of space, like all storage websites. There's also imageshack, but I have never used it. I'm sure there are more if you do a search! Using other storage sites you wouldn't have to delete older posts.

Heather said...

I didn't know about the photo fee. I must be behind the times! lol Now I know & check how much I've used & have only used 34% in about 3 years of blogging. So for now, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing & figure out what to do later when I run out of room! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Hi Tonya, I was just wondering how you were planning to make your books - is there a website, or will you just print out your Blogs?

Jane x

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, I had no idea! Thank you for telling us!!!
XO

Burlap Luxe said...

Hello girlie,
I was over visting my friend Cindy...
"I owe it to him"
And saw that you were having a bit of a day! not to worry girl we feel your pain, and so does God.
Praying for you :)
xoxo
Dore