Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Amy's collection

I really miss my daughter.


She is married and lives about an hour and a half away.
Now that her husband is home from war, I never get to see her.
She is just too busy.
Recently, before her husband came home,  I called and had her come up for an 
AMY CRAFT DAY

Before she came, I had Jerry spray paint a plain jewelry box from Hobby Lobby.
First he did a coat of blue, then a coat of white.
Then I had him sand off all the edges, and lightly sand the sides.
He thought I was crazy until he saw how it looked:


The hardware was an antique finish, so I had him paint them white:


I sat Amy down with some Mod Podge,
and had her line the different drawers with favorite papers:






I think she made some pretty choices, don't you?

Then she decorated the top. 
She mod podged some paper first, 
then added an 'A' and some fun 3 D flowers.

Amy didn't want this box for jewelry.
She has a lighter collection. Yes...a lighter collection. 
These are just the lighters she had in her car the day she came over. 
No..she doesn't smoke. She's just always has thought that lighters are fun.


And now she has a pretty box to keep her pretty lighters in.
LOL ~ if you knew my daughter, you would think,
"This is SOOOO Amy!"
I miss you daughter.

3 comments:

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

What a fun project. so pretty! So glad you were able to spend some time with your daughter!!
Kim

Pat said...

Great project you all had a hand in!
I bet Amy loved it - and spending time with you xx

Ann Nichols said...

What a lovely daughter you have! How grand that she was able to spend the day with you and to have such fun making a special box for her lighter collection! I think that is a really neat thing to collect (sure would want to be with her if ever stuck on an island wanting to start a fire to cook over and keep warm!)
Ann