to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Metamorphosis

These are cute (I guess):
But, a few changes, 
and we have this:


I made this the other day. 
I really didn't like it at first:


But, I wasn't worried.
A few chops, a little sewing,
and we have metamorphosis!


Isn't change good (sometimes?)

Want to know how I did it? 
I'll show you...Monday!



5 comments:

Pat said...

Gorgeous after photo on the quilt !

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

That is quite a change! Turning the squares on their points really makes them stand out!

NorthernStar said...

I love your hand dyes - I've always been a sucker for turquoise and those are lovely shades.

Hillbilly Handiworks said...

Thanks Jr, I tend to like turquoise as well. If you look at my thread collection, I have a bunch, both on the green end and the blue. But, I think blue type turquoise are my favorite!

Sarah, I thought you were a follower already. Glad you are here :)

Thanks, Pat! Not my normal style. But, still fun to make.

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Wow - it looks fantastic - well done!!