to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, August 23, 2010

Learn to Quilt--Project 1--Day 5--Table Runner

Today's tutorial will be short and sweet! 
Hopefully you have finished your candle mat, and if so email me a photo...I'd love to post it for you!

Today for your runner, you need to take your little pieced rectangles and divide them in half. Sew half of them into squares as before:

Then make a nice pile of the other (matching) halves:


We will use this pile on a pieced border. 

When finished, you should have 12 pieced squares, and your 12 uncut squares that you picked out in the beginning. 

Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Pat said...

gorgeous colours again, Tonya. Can't wait to see it develop :)

Sherry said...

I finished the candle mat last night and plan to start the table runner tonight. I will email a picture of the mat sometime today or tomorrow