Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Is your clock fast?


I have joined in on a 'block party'. It is my first ever. There are 12 of us, and the rules for this particular party were for each of us to make 12 blocks, 12" square, and they had to have the main focal fabric be floral. 
 I chose to do a paper pieced block. Paper piecing allows for intricate details to be much easier since you have lines to sew on.

Each of my blocks have 68 pieces of fabric. 
68 X 12 (blocks) = 816 pieces of fabric to cut
Also below is the 96 pieces of paper I needed to make the 12 blocks.




I will show you photos each day as the blocks progress. I hope you enjoy them!

3 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh this is great..I'll love seeing it! And I'm so glad you made a comment and I can understand why it's not easy always to pray for certain things--especially because they may happen in their own time...But, I still believe in the power of prayer to work wonders.
Love & hugs,
Cindy

Groovy Pumpkin said...

This looks like an interesting project - I like the colour choices you've selected - the daisy fabrics look cute!

Jane x

Pat said...

816 pieces to cut?
And you think I'm patient to paint? :lol: