to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

AH-CHOO!

Seth has been ignoring us for some time, so I twisted his arm and made him write a blog today. Just kidding, he's been wanting to, but he's been hanging out with his church friends a lot...which makes my heart quite happy! Here he is now:

Hiya! It's been awhile, huh?
For those of you that are new, my name is Seth, and I LOVE to work with herbs!
For today's blog, I am going to talk about
ALLERGIES! 
(*followed by sounds of dread*)


If you have allergies to things in the environment, then the worst time to go outside is anytime the sun is shining. The best time is at night or when it's raining. 
Known cures for Pollen allergies include,

Yoga
Dr. Medications (GROSS--Can we say, Side Effects?!)
And my favorite...HOME REMEDIES!!!


My recommendations include, 
Don't go outside in the bad time of day mentioned above.
Avoid any other exposure
A clean house is a happy house
Shower the minute you come inside and wash your clothes
Wash hands before touching your face

or try my 

Peppermint Hay Fever Remedy

Boil a pot of water.
Throw in a handful of peppermint (or white pine needles).
Remove from heat.
Sit over the pot, draping a towel over your head and the pot, then breathe deeply for several minutes.
You can then use the the water from the pot as a nasal spray. 

Well, that's about it! 
Next time I am going to tell you about PET ALLERGIES.

Seth





3 comments:

Denise Marie said...

Love it!! Too late for me, Seth...I have a terrible infection that the 1st anti-biotic didn't help. I'll do better next time. lol

HH, yes...go to Dollar Tree and look in the kitchen utencil area on the bottom of the display you should find sets of 10 matchbooks so I got $3 worth. You'll never run out of matches again. :0)

Cindy Adkins said...

Hey Seth, that was great! Wow, I need to remember it! Thank you so much!

Pat said...

Good post Seth. I would add wood floors better than carpet.. and wash bedding at 40+ to kill the dust mites :)