Thursday, July 22, 2010

While we are waiting...

Welcome to the new Hillbilly Handiworks blog. While we are waiting for all of my wonderful Internet friends to make the switch, here are a couple of hints for you.

On my last post (over on the Hillbilly Housewife blog), I gave you some suggestions for rotary cutters and cutting mats. Here are some further hints and helps:

1) Do NOT drop your open rotary cutter on the hard cement floor like I did yesterday. It put a nice dull spot on the blade. But, for normal wear on the blade, when it gets dull...before replacing it, flip it over! It will be like a brand new blade.

2) Do not leave your cutting mat in extreme temps. Heat will warp it, cold will crack it.

3) A quick easy way to sharpen dull scissors is to make a stack of several pieces of aluminum foil. Then cut through them. Again and again. Dull no more!

Please feel free to visit my new website
www.hillbillyhandiworks.com

Let me know in the comment section below what you think of it!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Everything looks great so far & I can't wait to see it all set up!

Pat said...

Congrats on the new site and blog!
I'm here, ready to roll :)

Jenn said...

Waving hello!
Great tips, looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

Thanks for the note about your move. What a gorgeous background you have here!!

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Congrats on your new blog and website! You are a busy gal :) I did a blog post on your new blog and site.
Kim

Jessica [beforethedawn.org] said...

Hi! Nice to meet ya. :) I love your blog background! I just came over from Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe blog.

I have a rotary cutter, but no mat yet. Didn't know there was one until recently. I actually do not like my cutter yet because I am such a novice with it. Tips come in handy for me. ;)

basketsbyrose said...

Love your new web, and can't wait for some great tips!

debi said...

Ok! followed you over! Everything looks great! Good luck with all the new sites!!!!!!!

Vickie said...

Hey I just discovered your other blog and was reading about learning to quilt so I hopped right on over here.

Hillbilly Handiworks said...

Hi everyone. Seems I am not getting email notifications of comments like I used to! I guess I will work on that before retiring. Yes, please tell others. I am working on several things for our learn to quilt series. I just want to wait until we get a few more followers over from the other blog. ;)