to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Seth Gets

LOOK What I Got!

My mom took me to Jamesport, MO (An Amish town) and I got 2 Amish home remedy books. One is about people and the other is for animals and garden. They're very helpful, and I hope to use them alot.

My roses are in bloom. I use roses alot in my herbal pillows, bath stuff and even tea. I plan on harvesting these blooms tomorrow.

This is peppermint and chamomile. The chamomile isn't doing very good. This is my first try, so I hope it gets better.

These are my other herb starters. I have 50 started, but they aren't all coming up yet. My catnip isn't coming up at all, and I use catnip alot, so I hope they sprout!


This is my work station. It's actually pretty handy. I have a sink to wash dirty plants, and a spot for all my herbs. The herbs have to be kept in a dark, cool place, so we keep fabric over them.
That concludes my blog for today. Next time I promise I will teach you how to make herbal syrups. Also, are you sick? Do you have a chronic illness? I will try to help you find the best herbal remedies to help you. Just ask.
SETH

4 comments:

Pat said...

That's an impressive workstation!
Camomile takes a bit of time, I once grew a whole lawn of camomile!

Heather said...

Very nice work station! I can't wait to see what else you've got up you sleeve!

Tolduso said...

wow...who knew...:) Love your work station...My great-grandma always had catnip growing in her yard...she passed at 95...but i remeber her having it...hope it grows for ya...i have a bag i bought for 2 bucks last year in my freezer...dont know if its still good or not..but i should make a little toy for my cat and stuff it in there..:) have fun with your herbs...

SallyS said...

Cool work station!!! Do you have your plants outside or under a grow light? Forgot to ask you when we were on the phone. Good luck with them :)